Sunday, October 5, 2008

Note of Interest

I have posted a lot of new pics and posts at the same time that has covered a long period of time since I have been too busy to get online to update the blog. So my suggestion to you is that you start from the last post you read because it posts the most recent post at the top of the blog site. It may make a little better sense if you go in the correct timeframe. So sorry for the delay but some things have to take priority and lately the blog has not been that "thing." Kassidy and Nikki both have been struggling with sleeping lately. Kassidy does pretty good once she is asleep but getting her to sleep has been the problem. She sometimes will cry 2 hours or more before she finally falls asleep. Then after this fiasco every night, Nikki cannot go to sleep even when Kassidy has conked out. We have tried everything but nothing consoles her. We have come to the conclusion that she misses her foster mother still at nighttime as she cries for "NaNa" (which we asked in China what that meant and they said a grandmother figure). We are assuming that this is who she is crying for at night since she did sleep with her and so we are hoping that while we know this is a good sign because we know her ability to bond is there but we are just hoping that she will soon be able to fill that empty feeling with her new mommy and daddy and that she will have peace soon and be able to fall asleep faster for her and mommy and daddy's sake. So sleep deprivation has been an issue in this house.

Also I just want to make mention that with all the pics that I have posted on the blog, there are still people missing for various reasons, some because we were sometimes too excited to remember to bring the camera, too tired to remember to bring the camera, or both. Also there are people who are out of state whom we have yet to be able to unite Kassidy with but are hoping to do so very soon. Also some of you would kill me if I posted some pics that I had of you that did not turn out quite well. LOL Lastly, there are sooooo many pics of people that if I posted each and every one of them I would be here forever and no one would have time to read all the blog posts. So I am asking that you forgive me if you do not see your pic in here and hopefully over time we will be able to keep up the blog and have many more pics to include more and more family and friends. Stay tuned for the next batch of blogs and hopefully it will not take so long next time.

Love you all, Billy, Nikki and Kassidy XOXOXOXOX

1 comment:

marty metten said...

I love looking at all these pictures over and over. Nikki, Billy and Kassidy have grown together so much since day one. They are such fun to watch and listen to. I am enjoying being Kassidy's MiMi more then i can say.