Sunday, November 8, 2009

Visitors From the Past









I think everybody can relate to losing touch with some of the best of friends as your lives sometimes takes different roads. There are so many people that I considered as good friends at one time but it turns out that keeping in touch was put on the backburner as we went our separate ways after high school. Fortunately, a couple holidays seasons ago, I ran into an old friend, Mashawn, at the mall back in WV who I was friends with from kindergarten to high school graduation. She is living in VA now and has recently had her first child. She is only about 3-1/2 hours away from me and so once we ran into each other we exchanged numbers and kept in touch since and have seen each other a couple times since then. Mashawn and her little baby, Jackson, came to visit Kassidy and I on Friday and left today (Sunday) to go back home. It was such a wonderful visit and I am so glad we were able to reconnect like we have. We were talking about how sometimes it is a bit akward at first when you spend time with someone whom you have not been around for years but we just picked up where we left off and I think every waking moment we did not shut up with reminiscing and talking about our present lives. It turns out that she was a like me and ended up getting married a little later in life and also recently just had a child. It was so good to be able to get together and watch our little ones play with each other and just have good girl talk. I wasn't sure how Kassidy would react to Jackson with him only being 7 months old but she did really good. She would always go over and touch him gently and hug and kiss him. The only thing she did was her normal which is everytime I would hold him she would have to climb upon my lap too and if I kissed him then she would need a kiss from me too just to remind me if I had forgotten that SHE is MY baby! Like I could forget that, right? Anyways....here are some pics of our little ones being affectionate towards each other and in their matching WV outfits. There are also some pics of a rocking chair that we got for Kassidy when we visited the Arts and Crafts Fair that was going on this weekend. I couldn't pass it up because it was cute and pretty.

1 comment:

And Merrilee Makes Three said...

She just gets cuter and cuter every day! We love her smile.