Thursday, August 19, 2010

Those Special Friends



Thank goodness for friends who forgive and understand that just because you haven't seen them in person for years that you still love them. Some of us are blessed enough to have those friends whom will always have a special place in our hearts. Having said that, sometimes time just doesn't allow to see them as often as we would like. The great thing about that is it proves who is a die-hard true friend versus those people who come and go in your life. I believe there is nothing more touching than getting together with a friend whom you haven't seen in years and slipping right back into the same comfortable mind set that you can talk freely about important things in your life and their life without skipping a beat as if you have regularly scheduled chats on a daily basis and not just a thing of the past? The relationship of a true friend is just that and one that I feel blessed to have with Ms. Judy. Ms. Judy is someone whom I met when I started working with the state of WV at the capitol complex in Charleston. We have always kept in touch but, as stated, never get to actually see each other in person. I believe we could talk for days nonstop if given the chance. However, we were able to, at least, get a little bit of that in recently. Judy and some of her family and friends made it down to Myrtle Beach for a few days and so she let me know that I definitely was invited and that she would love to see me again and absolutely love to see Kassidy. While we have been in contact via blog, emails, phone calls, etc. like everyone else, she had yet to actually get to meet her in person. I could not allow the chance to go by where I did not take advantage of seeing her. So......Kassidy and I headed to the beach and spent the night with Ms. Judy and her gang. It was sooooo fun. It was great to hug and talk to Judy and get to know some of the important people in her life whom I had heard so much about. Thank you to all of you who made our visit so pleasant. Keith, Judy's brother, was determined to be pegged Kassidy's favorite so he used bribes such as cookies, crackers, cake, ice cream, soda, etc. And guess what? It worked! Imagine that. We definitely couldn't stay any longer than we did or I would have come home with a little girl who thought she was royalty and could get by with murder if she wanted! hehe But really, thank you for making us feel as if we were part of the family and for making room for us. Although I regret no time spent in talking, the camera and picture taking took a back burner. I did not even think until on my way home how little pics I took but I did get a few with Ms. Judy and here they are. To those of you who have those friends who you haven't seen forever.....just do it. It is way worth it and to those friends who wait and still love us.....Thank You for being always being there.

No comments: