Monday, July 28, 2008

Mom



I Learned From You

I learned about love from you,watching your caring ways. I learned about joy from you in fun-filled yesterdays.
From you I learned forgiving of faults both big and small. I learned what I know about living from you, as you gave life your all.
The example you set is still with me I'd never want any other. I'm thankful for all that you taught me, and I'm blessed to call you "Mother."
Mom,
At times like this, I want to share so desperately my life with you. I miss you so very much it is still so hard to imagine life without you. Even after the years that have passed since your death, I still long for you so much. I wish I could share Kassidy with you and give you the gift of being her grandmother. The most important way I feel I can share her with you is to try and be the kind of mother to her that you were to me and instill in her life's most important things. I hope to be the kind of example you were to me and be strong for her and teach her above all things to be a Godly woman and have a heart for others. Until we are able to be together again, just know I love you and will tell her about you and the great woman you were to everyone who met you. I love you!
Love you, Nikki

1 comment:

Kim said...

WHERE DO I START. HOW MUCH I MISS DAD,ALTA AND NOW BONNIE. I WISH THAT THEY COULD ALL BE HERE TO CELEBRATE WITH US, ESPECIALLY YOUR MOM. I KNOW SHE IS LOOKING DOWN ON YOU AND HOW PROUD SHE MUST BE! KASSIDY WILL HAVE 3 VERY SPECIAL GUARDIAN ANGELS WATCHING OUT FOR HER!!