Saturday, August 29, 2009

One Year Home
















While August 18th marked the day we actually got to hold Kassidy in our arms for the first time, today is the day that she first touched soil in the United States and also was the first day she spent in her new home. One year ago today there were four people who were totally exhausted and could not wait to get home to crash. For the next two to three weeks Kassidy and I still slept on China time. We were up at night and slept during the day. There were so many adjustments being made that I took advantage of being able to be a stay-at-home mom and not have to change our time zone out so fast. I don't know how that would have worked. I could have done it but it took her awhile and so I was definitely not up for being up during the day and then up all night with her. I cannot believe how fast we bonded and how fast and well she adjusted to life here in the States with us. At first, she would wake up during the night a time or two but then after that we were good to go. She is such a great kid. We are so lucky and blessed to have her. I'll never forget stepping off the plane in Detroit and wanting to kiss the ground. I was appreciative of the country I had come from and what they had allowed Billy and I to bring back with us, but also was reminded how blessed we are to live in the country we live in. Here are some pics of Kassidy this morning that I randomly shot for her first day anniversary at being an American Citizen and being at home.

No comments: