Thursday, September 3, 2009

Having Fun Today












Today we were rather busy running errands and still inquiring and visiting other daycare options to get her playing with other kids and give me some time to do errands or just have a few hours to relax once a week for a few hours. The last one did not work out either. On her second day they called me to come and get her because she would not lay down for naptime. But it was her second day so go figure. I thought they might work with her to get her acclimated to the routine and environment but guess not so I have decided to look for other criteria in a different type of home day care center where it is smaller and maybe are more flexible with things, at least while they are just starting and trying to get adjusted. I have a lead on one that I talked to the person for awhile this evening that seems very nice on the phone and has calmed some of my fears I have with the other past experiences so we will be meeting with her tomorrow to check it out. Finding a good day care provider that gives both Kassidy and I a comfortable feeling with the appropriate background checks and good reviews have been quite difficult and stressful but I am hoping that this one works out. The ironic thing is that this same lady also cares for a 3-year-old little girl from China who was adopted so I am hoping that is a sign from God and that this will actually work out. Out of all the people whom I have talked with this lady seems to ease my nerves a little more than most so please keep your fingers crossed and here to hoping that Kassidy and I both get the warm and fuzzy feelings for this particular daycare home center and that we are making the right decision in what we are doing in order to help her be around other kids and have fun. Today we started out the day with visiting a daycare center where I got along with my social worker the same government websites that monitor these people who run them and rate them and give background checks, etc. Now all I have to go on is mother's intuition and Kassidy's reaction. After checking out daycare options for the first part of the morning, we then went to gymnastics, Asian supermarket and a Korean restaurant named Yummy's and it certainly is if that is your type thing. I took some pics of her today in her gymnastics uniform with the addition of her new Dora hat and sunglasses. She is becoming a real ham for the camera so I got a few good pics to share. Also there are some of her playing with her kitchen set washing an apple and making tea. She was having a blast. Hope you enjoy.

No comments: