Friday, September 11, 2009

Just a Few New Pics











Hey everyone. We hope everyone had a fun and relaxing Labor Day weekend. I just wanted to post a few new pics. The pics above show Kassidy with my friend Cindy that I used to work with. Kassidy really took up to her this time. She actually had a shower for me shortly after we got back from China with all my ex-coworkers. We invited Cindy over for a cookout this past weekend. We get together with Cindy every now and then and Kassidy never offered to have much to do with her but when she came to our house the other day she wanted to sit on her lap the whole time. Cindy is in a wheelchair and so Kassidy wanted her to take her for rides in it and every time I turned around she was climbing up in it to go for a whirl.
There are also a few random shots of Kassidy in the bathtub, getting ready to go to gymnastics, doodling on her Aquadoodle pad, and Kassidy going for a ride in the neighborhood in her little car. Thank goodness the weather is cooling down some now so we have been spending a little more time outside over the last few weeks and it has been so nice.
Daycare update--So far so good! This was my last ditch effort to try to integrate Kassidy into some daycare for one to two days a week so she could socialize more with other kids and learn how to be a little more independent from me. Don't get me wrong......the most used word in my house right now is "mommy" coming from Kassidy and she says it so cute I can't hardly stand it. But I don't want her to think she cannot live without having me by her side 24/7 so this is why I have been trying to find the right fit to put her in daycare. This lady (Ms. Darlene) is so wonderful! I just sing her praises. She has managed to put Kassidy and I both at ease. While she has only been there twice (once last Monday for half a day and Thursday for a full day), I really think this is going to work. One of my main concerns was naptime but on Thursday Ms. Darlene said that after Kassidy laid down on the mat for 5 minutes she was out like a light and slept for 1-1/2 hours. I think she really feels at ease there and I like that she is being stimulated both mentally and physically by playing with the other kids. So......for now that is the update on daycare and I hope to have many more posts in the future on how wonderful that is going.
We got to talk to Billy today on the webcam for the first time since he has been gone. She saw him on the computer and pointed and started hollering "Daddy." I wish now I would have taken a pic to put on the blog but I will try to do that the next time so I can post. There is no chance of her forgetting her daddy like I feared. She knew exactly who that was before I could even tell her. It was so touching. She just kept pointing at him on the computer and saying daddy over and over and then crawled up to the computer screen and kept wanting to kiss him. It broke my heart but also made me so happy because I know she still remembers him and I hope that when he gets to come on R&R that she will be very receptive to him.
Have a good weekend all and I will try to post more pics in the near future.




No comments: