Monday, December 27, 2010

Recovering From Christmas

Hope everyone had a great Christmas holiday. We went to WV and stayed a week before Christmas and traveled back on Christmas day. All of our family Christmas activites/gatherings are over with on Christmas afternoon so we have always made it a tradition to travel on that day because traffic is so light and we beat all the post Christmas travelers. This Christmas travel day was a little more challenging than normal. It had snowed some while we were in WV, however, not enough to keep us from traveling home on Christmas day. WV turnpike was not bad, VA was bad, and NC was terrible. I was wondering at times if we would have to pull off and find a motel because it was getting so bad but we made it, albeit a few hours later than normal. There was one time I looked at the speedometer to find that we were only creeping along in tire tracks on a major highway at only 20 mph. BUT.....it made me feel better once we woke up the next morning with at least 4 inches of snow. I'm not sure exactly how much we had but I know it was a lot....especially for here in Fayetteville, NC. It was so pretty but I was glad to be seeing it out my front door instead of out my car windshield. It was so nice to see everyone in WV but also nice to get back to home sweet home. I have become such a homebody. Thank you to everyone who sent things to Kassidy before we left and while we were gone. We are still recuperating from our trip and running a little slower than normal. But I will get on here hopefully in the next few days and try to update pics of Kassidy with her gifts and of our time in WV.

No comments: