Thursday, December 2, 2010

Santa Visit


A couple weeks ago Kassidy saw Santa at the mall and reminded me everyday since that she wanted nothing to do with sitting on his lap. So...I did not even plan on trying to take her for a pic with him. Then yesterday she said she wanted to go sit on Santa Claus' lap and wanted to take him a picture she drew. Today I ran out to do it before she changed her mind again. I still knew there was a chance we would not get a pic today once she got there and got personal and up close and that almost came true. While she was in line she was still excited about seeing him but once it was her turn she had reservations. She turned back to me with a look that said that this was not exactly turning out how she had thought initially. I walked up with her and sat her on his lap. She still was not overly enthused, however, no tears came yet so I proceeded to back a couple feet away while she was facing Santa and talking about what she wanted and gave him her picture she colored for him. After we got a picture then I got her off his lap and she backed up enough until she felt she was in a safe zone and then my child put her hands up to her ears, waved them back and forth and scrunched up her nose and mouth and made a horrific sound. Santa just burst out laughing and did the face right back at her. He had to try and gain his composure for the next child coming towards him but, as we walked away, he was still laughing and looking at her and making the face at his helpers showing them what she had done. At least Santa got a good laugh. That has to be a hard, tough job. BUT.....somebody has to do it!

1 comment:

marty said...

I keep telling you two to keep her away from her pop pop beside spoiling her he is also a bad influence on her.