Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Years
















Hello all and a Happy New Year to you. We have been very busy from one holiday to another holiday but for New Years we kind of just chilled out somewhat. We had the girls (Amanda, Kristen, and Marissa) over for a sleepover on New Years Eve and had so much fun that two of them stayed an extra night. Kassidy has a blast with them and they seem to like her a tad too! :) They brought their video game system over and the girls and Billy liked challenging each other and were very competitive which I thought was rather halarious. Considering I cannot even turn on a video system game (notice I am calling it very generically video system game because I am so ignorant of those things that I don't even know how to spell it). Not my cup of tea you might say but it sure was fun to watch them. On New Years Day, Billy and Kassidy held down the fort at home and the girls and I went to the church building to go downtown to help feed the homeless. Our congregation does this at least three times a month however I had never attended. I thought that since the girls were with me that it might be a good opportunity to take them and for me also. It was definitely rewarding and the girls did so well. It is a small house with many people coming in and out for food. We gave them a meal and then we as a small group sang a few songs and one of the guys from our church gave a devotional to any who wanted to stay after dinner to hear it. It really is a good opportunity to get out in the world and spread the word of God. I have included some pics of us at the church building meeting the others to go to the shelter and also some of the girls helping to sort out clothing that we were taking to the shelter. Again, I hope you had a good New Years holiday but hope even more that your year to come brings blessings galore!

No comments: