Saturday, January 16, 2010

First Nap in Bed/First Trip to Movies/Library Trip


I am amazed at how many firsts' we are still having with her already being two years old. It is so fun to watch her do things, say things and experience things for the very first time and I am trying so hard to get it recorded by either camera, journaling, etc because I never want to forget it and I want her to know how important it was to us as she experienced things for the first time. I love how technology enables you to have these memories for a lifetime. Today, Kassidy and I went to the library. Although we had been to the library for storytime before, we had never actually checked out any books or movies yet. So today we renewed our library card and checked out several books and movies. Some movies are on potty training which I hope she will be able to conquer shortly but that remains to be seen. I thought a year ago we had already conquered it but then she had a change of mind. After talking to several people, I am chilling out and trying not to stress her out as I may have been doing recently. Hopefully, she will come along and decide to cooperate as she knows what to do and when to do it but she is just fighting me on it. We are getting ready to get out a few books and read them shortly because it is almost bedtime but we had to get a bath in first before church services tomorrow because I never do well with getting out of here on time.
Another first that you see in these pictures are we went to her first movie yesterday. She has an Alvin and the Chipmunks DVD that she enjoys watching and lately when the commerical for the new Alvin and the Chipmunks movie plays on the TV she points and screams. I had been wanting to take her but putting it off because I wanted Billy to be here for her first movie but we had not had a "fun day" together for some time with the holidays, traveling and being sick so I gave in and we went ahead and went. We went during a weekday when everyone was in school/work so the theater was not that crowded so she had the aisle to herself. She did rather well. We got the row with the walkway and rail in front of us as to not bother anyone else and give her some wiggle room. It was perfect. She sat down off and on between her getting up in her chair and on the floor and dancing jigs along with the chipmunks. It was halarious. But we, of course, had the whole get up going on. I brought in a blanket just in case it was cold and sat her in her chair along with her drink and popcorn. What a life!!!! It was so cute seeing her sitting there. It was nice to do something different like that for a change. Now she will refer to the theater as the place with the big TV because that was my best description I could give a 2-year-old of what kind of place we were going to. We both had a good time and cannot wait to get her daddy back to send them off to the movies together. I have a feeling they will be the movie buddies and I will stay home for a break during those times. I used to like to go to movies a lot but now a days time alone is so precious I am very picky about what I do with it.

No comments: