Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mamaw Beep Beep and the Sandbox











The white-haired lady you see in this blog post is none other than Mamaw Beep Beep. My mom and her sister both began the grandchildren process by having my cousin and I a month apart. We were the oldest grandchildren and so mamaw was just starting what was to become a grandmother of many. Many laugh when I refer to my grandmother as Mamaw Beep Beep and I always have to explain myself. The story starts when I was just little and my parents had their first place in an apartment beside a main road. My mamaw is known for being on the road and going here, there and everywhere all the time. Even at the age of 81, she still goes strong and never slows down and that is also probably the reason she is still full of life and can sometimes get around better than some of us grandkids. But anyways.....when I was little and she would constantly be driving by the apartment where we lived and everytime she would drive by she would beep her horn to let us know she was near. Evidently that horn beeped on a rather frequent basis so my dad starting calling her Mamaw Beep Beep and hence the name stuck and now all her grandchildren and great grandchildren call her Mamaw Beep Beep just like it was a regular thing to do, which it is for us but everyone else seems to get a kick out of it. We had a blast with mamaw during the time that she spent with Kassidy and I at our house before we headed to join the rest of the crew at the beach and her and Kassidy seemed to develop a bond that I am very grateful to have happened. Not many people get to meet their great grandmother much less have one to be so involved in their life. We are hoping this summer to be able to have her down again and spend some more time with her. She has always been an active part in all our lives which includes somewhere in the neighborhood of 11 grandchildren and 11 great grandchildren.
The sandbox pics are pictures that were taken on Easter after lunch and before everyone headed off to the beach. I guess you could say everyone was getting broken in on the sand before hitting the beach.



1 comment:

marty said...

Someone needs to tell Billy we need a bigger sand box.