Friday, April 10, 2009

Missing Daddy












It has not even been a week yet but Kassidy and I are missing him terribly. It is times likes these that I wish Kassidy was old enough to have a conversation with and try to explain why daddy is not around anymore. She has started picking up a picture of him that we have sitting on the nightstand beside our bed and carry it around. This is going to be a hard year but I cannot wait until he is home safe and sound and Kassidy has her daddy to wrestle around in the floor with again. I am the typical caregiver as her mother and make sure all the necessary stuff gets done but daddy is her fun partner. I will have to try to fill his spot as good as I can but I know she misses him dearly. We did just get an email a few hours ago letting us know that he finally reached his final destination after having to stop several places and spend a few days at each one. Now he is just waiting to get his equipment and he will start trying to get settled in and setting up his communication means so that we talk to him and use the webcam to keep in touch. That is greatly anticipated and I cannot wait to be able to actually see him and talk to him. This deployment is so much more difficult than previous past deployments. For one, he will be gone for a year which he has not had to do since we got married. Right after we got engaged he went to Korea and came back after six months for a two week period of vacation leave and we got married and then he went back for six more months and came back home and then we moved to Fort Bragg. But ever since then, he has never had this long of a deployment. But the major stress factor now is having our new little girl. I hate that he has to be separated from her for so long. It took over three years to get her and then after seven months of having her now he is deployed for a year but like he says "I have to do what I have to do and just getting home is my goal now." We will definitely try to make up for lost time when he returns. Hopefully, he will be able to come home around Christmas for a couple of weeks so as not to miss Christmas holidays with us. Our best gift will be just having him home. The pics posted are of Billy and Kassidy just a few minutes before he had to leave. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do in my life which was to say goodbye knowing that he was not going to be home for a very long time but we pray that God will watch over him and that the time passes very quickly and we hope that you will say a prayer for him as often as possible also.



2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh Nikki - I can't even imagine how hard this is for you and Kassidy. I pray that all 3 of you will feel God's peace during this year and that it will fly by for you. Praying also for safety for you all as well.

And Merrilee Makes Three said...

Nikki and Kassidy

We are keeping you two and Billy in our thoughts and prayers! We pray the time goes by quickly and Billy comes home safely! Check out our most recent blog posting --

http://merrileemakesthree.blogspot.com/

Mark, Beth and Merrilee