Friday, April 10, 2009

Tupperware Door and the word "NO"












How many times do I say the word "NO" during the day when she goes around opening up front doors, cabinet doors, dresser drawers, bathroom drawers, etc. etc.????? Well....I'd guess around 50 times. I am always afraid she will get her fingers caught as the door/drawer is slamming shut but that still does not stop her. Well....every now and then we just got to say "YES." So the tupperware door is the "YES door." I don't know about everyone but in our family the tupperware door has been a safe haven for the little ones to feel free to explore. No I don't feel like picking up a mess every single time she goes for it, as she makes sure to take every piece of tupperware out of the cabinet, but a lot of times I tell her to go for it. Afterall, tupperware will not fall on your toes and smash them or hurt them if they hit themselves in the head, or even if they fall on them they should not leave that big of a boo boo so sometimes it is just best to let kids be kids as long as it is in a safe environment. I catch myself saying no so much to her and then we wonder why little ones go through the phase of all they say is NO. We get upset when that is all that comes out of their mouth but if we think about it we are probably the ones that teach that to them. I am not the most patient person that is for sure and many would tell you so but I am trying to learn because that is a trait that I want Kassidy to have and who else better to show her that than her mommy.



1 comment:

marty said...

I love looking at the pics. Bill and I laugh each time we look at them. The tupperware cabinet is my favorite. She is so much like her daddy and uncle.She is soo darn cute. Even tho we're not there with her, the pics makes us feel like we haven't missed anything.Thanks Nikki we love you guys. MiMI and Pop Pop