Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Eve with Gingerbread House and Pancakes



With us not being able to go home for Christmas this year, at the last minute I called up the girls to see if they would like to stay the night and then we would take them home on Christmas eve afternoon. They were able to come and brought with them a gift certificate for me to get my nails done (awesome) and a gingerbread house to help make with Kassidy. They did a rather good job as you can see in the picture of the finished project. The girls were dying laughing though because they iced the house and Kassidy would get the candy and they would dab a bit of icing on the candy pieces so she could stick it to the house. But....she was very meticulous and worked strategically to get them placed "just right" and if anyone placed a candy that she believed was not in the right place she would let them know and they would have to let her place in her already well thought out plan (yeah right). But we were getting a kick out of it. Most two-year-olds I think would have been taking the candy and just placing it in their mouths, which we did get one pic of her doing just that. Also, on Christmas Eve morning I made a bunch of pancakes for breakfast. Obviously, Kassidy thought they were all for her as she hogged the platter of pancakes and shook a spreader knife at me as I approached the platter to give everyone else their pancakes. She eventually decided she would share after getting a few laughs at threatening me to not come close to her pancakes.

1 comment:

Bill & Marty said...

That's my girl, she really knows how to have fun.