Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas in WV....or NOT!


Well...it looks as if Kassidy and I will not be spending Christmas in WV afterall. After a rather hefty snowfall this past Saturday, many people lost their power, water, and some phones both land lines and cell phones. I had no idea that everything would still be off by the time I went to pull out to go visit them. I had told my family to call me by this morning if the electric came back on but so far no news so I am assuming nothing is working yet. The rumor seems to be that they may not have power until Christmas or even after. I cannot imagine going that long without electric, water, etc. and it all happening right at Christmas too. What a bummer. Although this will be the first Christmas I have ever had away from my family in WV, I just cannot seem to make any sense to leaving here and going there with the situation as it is currently. Even if the problems resolve tomorrow or at a later date, I am still not going to go yet because I would be getting stuck in all the other traffic with everyone on the roads at the last minute. That was one thing I was glad to have was a flexible schedule so I could leave earlier and avoid the wrecks and back-to-back traffic. Also, my grandmother who has the big Christmas Eve party/dinner for about 50 members of our family on my dad's side is one who does not have power either so that is another issue and a big reason for me going home. Having said all that, I have decided to wait until after all the Christmas traffic dies down and everyone is back home before I take off to WV. I will get there but it may be closer to New Years instead of Christmas. Kassidy and I will do just fine celebrating Christmas with just the two of us. We have a chimney too that I'm Santa Clause will fit nicely through. Hope you enjoy the winter snow picture I got from online. It was not one I personally took, however it is a picture from WV on a snowy day which I thought to be an appropriate picture for this post. Here's to hoping everyone has a safe, happy and WARM Christmas holiday. Merry Christmas!

No comments: