Friday, December 25, 2009

What Phase Now and Christmas Prep





It's is so funny to see kids and the phases they go through and how they change so much over the years or even weekly or monthly at times. Kassidy from the beginning started taking a liking to Dora like most little girls her age. Recently, however, I have been seeing a change over from Dora to the Disney Princesses. She still likes Dora but when faced with the challenge of choosing either Dora or a Disney Princess pajama, cup, etc. she tends to be leaning more and more towards the Disney Princesses. As you can see in one of the pics, we recently went to get her some new sheets for the bed she is now using a lot now a days (note days not yet nights, but we are getting there). Walmart had the same set of sheets in either Dora or Disney Princess and I automatically went for the Dora and handed it to her and she threw it back and pointed to the Princess sheets. It is so funny to see how children as young as her have a mind of their own. The sheet set come with Princess pillow cases and so throughout the day whether she is in the living room sitting on the chair, in her bedroom laying in bed or going to take a nap or retire for the night she has to have her one of her Princess pillows with her. I thought it funny when I noticed her all decked out in Princess accessories while she was sitting on her bed one day. She was sitting on her princess sheets with her princess pillows in her princess pajamas and drinking out of a princess cup. Maybe she is an aspiring princess to be. Who knows? But then again, as far as her daddy and I go, she is a princess already to us. The other pics are just Christmas pics I took leading up to Christmas with her stocking hanging by the fire, our Christmas tree with a few gifts wrapped under the tree for her to open whenever she wakes, and the other is her hand-painted chair I got for her at the Arts and Crafts Fair in November which I just thinks looks so pretty sitting by the fireplace. Also, could not resist another potty chair scene. This potty training is for the birds. I have almost became qualified as an official person with ESP capabilities. I can tell from her positioning, her manner, and her facial expressions when she is about to go in her pants so off we are running to the toilet. I am right 9 out of 10 times and I am pretty proud of that statistic, however, I much rather not have to use that ability and just have her go on her own. Patience, Patience, Patience....I keep telling myself that anyways.

No comments: