Thursday, October 29, 2009

Disney On Ice
















Wow....what a night! Thank you Jessica for thinking of Kassidy and I and making it available for us to go to this wonderful event. Wish you could have been there also.
Kassidy and I met some friends from church and went to see Disney On Ice. I wasn't sure how she would like it or if she would sit still and was also concerned whether or not she would make it with the show starting about the time she goes to bed but all went wonderfully. I worked it out so that she could take a very late nap and woke her up shortly before walking out the door to go see the show. She started getting a little tired at the end but hung in there like a trooper. I had never been to a Disney On Ice show but I can truly say that, as long as there is one in the vicinity of where we live, we will be making this one of our yearly traditions. It is a fun show from ages 1 to 100. It had a presentation by just about all the Disney characters I could think of. Billy is always trying to find stuff relating to Mulan because of her Chinese heritage. He would be proud because they had a Mulan presentation that was out of this world. They even had a G.I. Joe presentation, which was really neat and unexpected. The only thing missing in this show was having Kassidy's daddy sitting beside us but next year we will have it all. It is funny because as we were walking in the hallways to find what door we entered, I was telling Kassidy that we were going to see Mickey and Minnie Mouse and all of a sudden I guess she realized we were getting close and let out a very loud scream because she just couldn't handle keeping in her excitement any longer. I died laughing. She knew something fun was coming up very soon.

In these pictures you will see shots of the skaters, Kassidy's reaction to the show, and our friends from church that we met there and sat with. The 5 year-old little girl that you see in the pictures holding Kassidy is Riley. She is so good with Kassidy. Everytime she sees Kassidy at church or anywhere she cannot wait to hold her. When we got home, I put her pajamas on and she was still excited so she kept putting on her mouse ears that we got at the show and then kept saying cheese to get her picture taken.
Her ensemble tonight included some special things that have been given to Kassidy in the past that I have not had her wear yet because I was too afraid she would lose or break something. But I decided with tonight being a special night that we would let her wear some special things. Her dress was a gift that Angel sent the other day. It was perfect for the occasion since it had Minnie Mouse on it so it went right along with the theme of the night. Also, I got real brave and let her wear the 101 Dalamation Dogs earrings that I got for her. I also let her wear the Panda Bear necklace that Poppy and Mamaw Debbie got her when they went to Branson, MO a few months ago. They just brought it when they came and visited us a few weeks ago. Also, when we landed in San Francisco, CA on our way to China to get Kassidy, we met up with Mark and Beth who were parents that went along with us and whom we had corresponded with months prior to us going to China and they just so happened to be in our same traveling group to get our babies. We have become very close to them. When we first met them in CA, they gave us some special gifts, one of them being a very beautiful silver bracelet with Kassidy's name engraved on it. I was waiting for the perfect time for her to wear this and hopefully when she was old enough to not take it off and lose it. We managed to make it back home with everything so I was so glad. You may be able to see some of these things in the pictures or not but they were there.
There were so many reactions from Kassidy throughout the show but I never seemed to be able to capture them like I would have liked. I remember the days when I never picked up a camera (pre Kassidy time) and now I just cannot seem to get enough pictures of her. Some people probably think I am crazy because I always seem to have a camera flashing in everyone's face but I just really want to be able to capture these moments because I know they will go by much faster than I like. I hope you enjoy the pictures.

No comments: