Thursday, October 8, 2009

Mommy Went to Africa!












Not this mommy but another mommy. If you keep up with our blog from way back you may remember pictures of another little girl who was adopted around the same time as Kassidy. We had our baby showers combined and there were pics of that and also some pics of her (Gilead) when we went to her first birthday party. She is a few months younger than Kassidy. Her mommy, Tiffany, has a real desire and always has to serve as a missionary and has been to Africa several times for this. Recently, she went back with a few of our our members at church to do some missionary work. The difference between her going on this mission trip versus ones before in the past were that she now has three children. She has adopted all three children with Gilead being adopted from Africa herself. Like I said before, Tiffany really has a desire to help the people there and so when the opportunity presented itself she went although it was much more difficult with knowing she would be away from her three children for two weeks and worry would most likely set in as with any mother. They were still in good hands with their daddy. He was able to take off work the second week she was gone but I took care of them for the first week she was gone until their daddy, Tim, got home from work and so here are a few pics I got of them together. Also, Tiffany came back and gave me a beautiful gift. She gave me a tablecloth that was handmade by a local woman in Zimbabwe where they stayed. It is very special and I want to thank you Tiffany. I will treasure it forever and feel like I have a piece of that part of the country with me even though I may never be able to physically visit it.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

You're welcome and THANK YOU for taking care of my blessings!