Thursday, October 8, 2009

Talking To Daddy, Books, and more












Sorry it has been so long since we last posted a blog update. We have been keeping pretty busy. On this post you see Kassidy crawling upon the computer desk to try to get to daddy who was able to talk to us a couple times so far through the webcam and Kassidy loves it. She hams up for him every time and just continuously wants to climb up to the computer screen and kiss him. It kills me but at the same time makes me happy because I know she still knows who he is and I cannot wait for us to meet him at the airport whenever he comes home on his two week vacation. I know seeing him in person may be different but hopefully with a lot of geering up for the occasion mentally and maybe needing a few minutes (or maybe not) to get used to him again standing right beside her physically, I think she will be the biggest daddy's girl once again. She started out from day one being a daddy's girl and I think she will always be and you are not hearing any complaints by daddy either. He is already thinking of what he is going to do and what he is going to buy for her when he gets home. He has already warned me to save back some extra money for that two weeks because he and Kassidy are going shopping!!!! And daddy's shopping is different than mommy's shopping. Daddy's items are always more expensive.

Another picture is of Kassidy reading her books. She LOVES books. I tried several months earlier to get her into sitting on my lap or in the bed before going to sleep and reading a book. She would not sit still long enough to do it. She just wanted to russle the pages back and forth before I could even read a word on the page. I was devastated because I always dreamed of when I would sit my little one on my lap in bed before tucking in and reading books. Well....we are living that dream now for sure. She is a bookworm. She may be smart but no.....she cannot read on her own now. hehe But she automatically heads towards her collection of books before naptime in the afternoon and before going down at night. There is never a time she goes to sleep that we don't get at least two to three books read. I truly wish I could remember or find the list of who bought what because we had several books purchased for us and given to us as gifts for Kassidy when we brought her home. There is one book in particular "My Family Is Forever." It is a book that is adoption based in meaning and just explains that although that you may be adopted that you can also have a family that is always there for you forever. There have been so many times I wish I could remember who bought this because this is her very favorite book. Every time I tell her to pick out some books to read, she always picks out a couple and then the trusty old "My Family Is Forever." She loves it. I will soon have to buy another one just like it and probably a few more for future use because this one has already been taped together and is rather worn and I do not know how much more it can stand. At first I was a little upset at the book getting torn and worn down but now I look at it and think how much it is loved because you can really tell by the wear and tear. It kind of reminds me of the Bible....it is much more encouraging to see one that is practically falling apart with pages crinkled and such than a dusty old Bible sitting on a corner table somewhere that is never being used. Anyways....if you are reading this and you are the one who gave her or know who did give her "My Family Is Forever" book, PLEASE let me know. I want to include that in her memory book (which I really need to work on). I have been really good at the blog but not so much when it comes to actual memory book work.
There are also a few pics of Kassidy and I. I love her so much. She is a good little girl and we are so blessed! I cannot seem to say that enough.

1 comment:

emily said...

That pic of kassidy ta;ling to dad is soooooooooooo special.like u said sad but soooooooo happy for both of them.love to u all
aunt em