Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Poppy and Mamaw Debbie Visit



Poppy and Mamaw Debbie came through on their way to the beach and stopped in for a few nights. We had a good visit and Kassidy sucked up big time. My dad was surprised at how she came right to them and how she was so giving of herself without any bribery at all. My suggestion to anyone who really wants to spend quality time with her is to come visit us at our home. While Kassidy does well when we visit WV, she clearly is at ease more here for many reasons, one being by the time we get there she is already tired from the drive, secondly I have tried to appease everyone in the past visits by going all day long every day we are in WV to try and get in as many visits as we can to not offend anyone of not visiting one and not the other therefore wearing her down even further not to mention myself, thirdly her routine/sleeping schedule, etc. is completely out of whack, and fourthly there are fewer people to focus on when you come here without huge crowds of people she is not used to rushing in on her. Don't get me wrong, I love to come home and see everyone and going to church services to see everyone that is so very important to us but it is much harder on a 1-year-old to adjust and enjoy her time when doing so. There was a time that I felt I did not want to come home anymore because I had made it so stressful on all of us by trying to please everyone and do everything but last time I come home I decided that I would come home and plant myself at one place and whoever wanted to see us could come see us. I do try to visit a few of our older relatives as to not have to make them get out to come see us but other than that our visits on our last trip were limited and I made sure she got her naps and rest and I felt that we were much happier and much better rested, which helped for the trip back home. If I can drive at least 6 hours on the way there and 6 hours on the way back to NC with a 1 year old then I figure people can drive 5 minutes up the road to see us if they want to see us badly enough. I miss being home and being 5 minutes away from everyone but that is the road we have traveled and I must say that we have been blessed by the life we have been given by God and Billy has sacrificed so much to be a very good provider and takes very good care of us. Where we live is not nearly as important as how we live and the happiness of our family. My sister Jodi and her husband Jeff I believe were seeing how hard it was to get us to come in as of late so she actually added on a bedroom suite at the corner of their house and that has definitely been a place of peace and a place where we go to revamp when we get tired and need to get away from it all. It has been so wonderful to have that suite to feel so comfortable in. While we will always enjoy our visits, I do hope that we get more and more visits our way because, like I said, there is so much more quality time that you get with Kassidy when you come here. We really try and be the best hostesses so if you come then I can almost guarantee you will be comfortable and well taken care of. The only problem is you may have a little shadow following you around from room to room. That is what happened with our most recent visitors but for some reason I got the feeling that it really did not bother them. LOL Before my dad and Debbie came for their visit, I had went to Kohl's and got the cutest little pumpkin fall dress and so above are some pictures that we took of her in that dress right before leaving for church services on Sunday. And the last picture was one of dad reading and so Kassidy went and got one of her books and sat down beside dad and started reading her book too. We really enjoyed our visits from Mimi, PopPop, Poppy and Mamaw and we hope that in the future our visits with people become more and more frequent.



No comments: