Sunday, August 17, 2008

Additional Pics

Steve has an adjoining suite to ours which is really nice because now when Kassidy starts screaming in the middle of the night we can open up the door and give her to him. LOL

As you see, we no longer just have a bed for us but rather a crib also. We have now entered a different category now from being a couple to being a family. We can't wait to show you a pic tomorrow of that crib filled with a little cutie pie.

Like we mentioned in the other post, it is really like New York City here. There is lights lighting up as bright as Las Vegas. We will have to close our windows so the glare will not come through out window so much. It is so neat to be able to open the curtains and look at such a site.

Today after we got our luggage and got somewhat settled, we went across the street to a McDonalds and a department store. As you can see in the pics, there is much traffic but there is not enough I can say to describe the fear I (Nikki) had when trying to cross that street. We saw so many people come so close to getting run over whether walking or in other cars. If you think we are bad in the US about traffic habits, you have not seen anything yet. I did enjoy my McDonalds but I don't think that nuggets and fries are worth another attempt at crossing the street. Next time me or Kassidy need something I will send the men out for it. We are a little worried because we did find out that Kassidy will not be taken away from her foster family until a few hours before us getting her. After going over some more info that we got tonight, it seems she is very close to the foster mother and we know the transition from foster mother to orphanage and then to us is going to be so scary for her. We are also concerned for the foster family as she is like a daughter to them and have had her all her life. If you pray then we are asking that you pray for her peace of mind and knowledge for us to know how to make her feel safe and loved. We know there will more than likely be many days and nights of crying but we really pray that it will pass quickly and that she will be a baby that knows she is loved. I know there is so much more I have left out but I really need to go to bed and get some sleep because I am sure it will be much needed for tomorrow and quite possibly the next 20 years of our lives. :) Until tomorrow with the most important pics, adios (I still don't know how to say bye in Chinese so I thought I would cross the border from another direction).







Here are more pics!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got your website from rumor queen, but I also have a Qichun daughter that we brought home last summer. They really truly are cared for there, and I'm sure that will be such a relief when you hold your sweet Kassidy. Our daughter was also VERY attached to her foster mommy. That made the first week hard for us, but ultimately she attached easier to us since she knew how to bond. She's our first and brings such joy to our home as Kassidy will to yours. Best wishes on Monday morning!