Friday, August 22, 2008

Last Full Day in Wuhan






Today we had a document receiving/gift giving/birthday for babies/last day in Wuhan celebration. It was so fun. Unfortunately we thought it was just another run of the mill meeting so we did not lug our camera with us and missed some great opportunities for pics. Our guide gave us some official documents and some very momentous souvenirs from the Wuhan/Hubei province. The guide and her two assistants also gave us a Chinese knot which symbolizes branches of communication. She said that through the babies we will always have a special communication and will always be a part of China. She also arranged for a beautiful birthday cake that symbolized their birthdays as some had already had birthdays, some were having them soon and also just to symbolize the birth date between their match with their parents. Whatever it may be, it was a special gathering that we will not forget with all the babies gathered around the cake with the candles lit. Tonight will be the last night that Kassidy will spend in the province that she was born in. It is bittersweet but we realize how blessed we are to be leaving here with her. We have had some great moments and experiences here in Wuhan but we are ready to board the plane tomorrow to start the downward slope of this trip. While Wuhan was great for the fact that we got our baby, Guangzhou is a place where I feel safer getting out and about and going SHOPPING! I plan to get some souvenirs for a few people and some things for Kassidy to give throughout her lifetime at special occasions so I am so ready to do some shopping. Other than getting Kassidy in our arms, that is the most anticipated thing I have been looking forward to. I think I have their money scheme figured out and can talk them down on prices which sort of becomes a game here because they start high and you go too low and you meet somewhere in the middle. Those of you who know me know how I like to get good deals. It is like a natural high for me. LOL Tonight has been a busy night with packing up to move onto Guangzhou and so we are ready to go to bed. We did order Pizza Hut tonight, however our pizza we ordered was named American Pizza that was supposed to have just pepperoni on it but somehow it got messed up and we got what I am assuming is more of a Chinese Pizza. We both tried to eat it but after a bite we both looked at each other with this look on our face and threw it away. LOL We are so tired we are going to bed and waking up to their great enjoyable dependable western/Chinese breakfast buffet which usually all adoptive parents fill up on that breakfast as we are not always sure what is literally going to be staring us in the plate on our next meal. We took a few more pics today so I will post them. Not sure if I will have a post tommorrow or not with the travel or not but we will try. The pics on this post are of lunch with the Mark, Beth and Merrillee, Merrillee sharing cheerios with Kassidy, and of course Kassidy's bedhead that she has not only in the morning but anytime you take her ponytails out. Her hair is very trained to do the same thing whether or not she has ponytail holders in or not. By the way...I guess I should have stressed more about how tired I am when I type this posts because when I have gone back and looked over some of them my grammar and just overall thoughts are not always expressed as well as they could be but like I have said in the past...my eyes are usually going closed while typing. Usually I get Kassidy to bed before typing but she refuses tonight and so she is sitting here in the floor playing with toys while I am typing and Billy is in bed snoring. WE ARE SOOOO TIRED. Even Kassidy but she is just fighting it tonight. Sure hope she gives up the ghost sometime soon because don't know how much longer I can keep going. She is, however, a great baby. I have had several of the other couples ask if she ever cries. She does but very rarely. She usually only cries when she is hungry, dirty diaper or Billy comes into sight without picking her up immediately. Oh....we definitely do not have a picky eater. I have to literally stop feeding her before she is ready. She can eat like there is no tomorrow and I am afraid that she will get sick from being too full. She loves fruit which is great. She's such a good baby and match for us and we cannot wait to be back home to share her love with everyone we love so dearly.

No comments: