Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Museum Tour for Nikki and Kassidy....Not






It does feel a little different than just babysitting but I don't think it has fully set in yet. It still somewhat feels like I am on a long babysitting job. Kassidy is good with dad too. Billy is #1, dad #2 and momma #3. HOWEVER, at 3:30 AM she woke up crying so Billy got down in the floor between the bed and wall and covered up so she could not see him and she let me feed her a bottle and put her back to sleep so that was a huge deal. Then this morning at breakfast she let me set her on my lap at the buffet and feed her. She fussed a little wanting Billy but I worked it and just walked around and set her on my lap and fed her and she was fairly content. We have had a few trips out here and there between all the paperwork but so many places we have to go for paperwork is always about an hour away but with this crazy traffic it often takes longer than that so after those trips everyone both adults and babies are pooped. It is 100 degrees outside and hot and muggy so I am not too crazy about being outside too much but we have got to see several things. We all packed up and met the group down stairs in the lobby this morning to go on a tour of a museum and we were supposed to see some kind of dance performance and we were tired but all of us were going to go but when we got in the lobby Kassidy was already crying and needing a nap. She was not a happy baby and I could just see how the day would be. The tour was going to be for 3 to 4 hours and some outdoors so at the last minute I chose to make Billy and dad go and leave me and Kassidy to do some bonding in the room. After her feeding at 3:30 AM, I could not go back to sleep because I was so excited that she let me hold her and feed her so I just went ahead and quietly took a bath and got ready while everyone else was still sleeping. So I am very shortly going to be joining Kassidy for her nap. She has already went down. She cries for a bit when we put her in the crib but finally falls to sleep after not too long. I don't think she will be that hard to get to sleep. If she is really tired all you have to do is put her in the crib and she will cry for awhile but eventually will go to sleep. Dad thinks it is cute because her cry is so subtle and not loud at all. A scream is not as loud with her as with others. It is so cute! Billy kept wanting to pick her up when she started screaming when I had her but I am training him to just let her cry with me to get use to me and it seems to be gradually getting better. She is always calling Billy dada. Billy asked yesterday if that was not to soon for her to associate him with being dad but we had sent some pictures a few months ago to the foster parent and one of our guides says that the foster mom will often show her the picture of the dad and familiarize her with him but not so much the woman because she wants to still be associated with the mama role so Nikki's pic probably got left out but we are working on it. They have several trips planned but we are trying to play it by ear and see how she is feeling along with us because a tiring cranky baby does not equal up to a good morning or afernoon. I am going to take this time to be with her by myself and few hours and I am thinking she is getting there wth me slowly but surely. I have to say I had an alright attitude at first but last night I broke down and started crying. Although I know it will change, it is still hard to not be able to bond with her after so many years of waiting for her. She fell asleep in the crib a little while ago after Billy and Steven (dad) left for the museum so I straightened up the room and got bottle ready for her when she wakes up. I am hoping it is a good experience. Of course, as soon as Billy comes in she will start crying for him but I think that all will come with time. The hotel is a lot nicer here but I feel more safe in Guangzhou because it is smaller and you feel more comfortable going out and about and also the people there seem more familiar of adoptive parents around that area because every couple has to stay in Guangzhou to complete their adoption from China, not just our agency but anyone adopting from China so they are more familiar with Americans. But the room here in Wuhan is sooooo awesome. I will post a few pics from the museum that dad and Billy visited today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed seeing the photos of your precious Kassidy. Don't worry about her bonding to Daddy first. Our daughter from Qichun did the same thing. She was also very attached to her foster Mommy, and it was almost like she was telling me that she already had a Mommy and didn't need me. That was sooooooo hard! But I just held back and let her warm up by playing games and offering food. She would let me hold her without crying and was much better by the time that we got to Guangzhou. Now that sweet girl is attached at my hip. She says "Mommy" and tugs on me about a hundred times per day! Give it some time and Kassidy will learn who's in charge ;-)